FIRST RF Corporation
Current Career Opportunities:
If you require assistance in order to apply for a position with us, please contact FIRST RF Corporation, at 303-449-5211 and ask to speak with our HR Manager or email email@example.com
Senior Mechanical Engineer
FIRST RF specializes in commercial and military antenna systems, and is located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Antenna products range from very broadband low gain antennas to high gain electronically scanned active phased arrays. Products and technology development efforts support line-of-sight communications, satellite communications, GPS, low observable, active and passive sensors including space based apertures. FIRST RF has successfully won and executed a record number of SBIR Phase 1 and Phase 2 Programs and was awarded a top 10 Army invention of the Year in 2005. FIRST RF offers an exciting work environment and an exceptional benefit package to its employees, including tuition reimbursement and 4 weeks of PTO per year. FIRST RF is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum requirement is a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with an emphasis on designing for aerospace. Strongly prefer 10 or more years of directly related experience.
- Applicant should have experience in the following areas:
- Designing hardware for high volume production, Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Experience with product lifecycle management
- Experience bonding using room temperature and autoclave processes
- Experience with coatings/finishes like CARC, P-stat, powder coat, organic and inorganic coatings/primers
- MIL-STD-810 testing
- Materials selection for structural/electrical/thermal/galvanic compatibility
- Knowledge of the current state of the art in manufacturing processes (machine, molding, casting, stamping, forging, etc). Understanding of which processes are suitable
- GD&T: expected to be expert in the use of all controls and datum structures
- Composite design, specifically radome design
- Understanding of basic antenna theory
- Heat Transfer analysis using engineering equations
- CFD Thermal analysis
- Solid Works FEA capability
- CFD drag analysis
- Systems engineering experience, requirements management
- Test fixture design
- Production aid design
Additionally, the ideal candidate should have the following capabilities:
- Ability to advise junior engineers / review designs without a complete re-design
- Share lessons learned, mentor good habits while allowing the junior engineers to maintain ownership of design
- Direct and supervise junior level engineers to accomplish documentation and basic design tasks.
- Participate in department wide process and practice improvement discussions
For application and career opportunities please contact us:
FIRST RF Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FIRST RF is a rapidly growing woman owned small business focused on Antenna and RF subsystems technology and products. We offer competive salaries and benefits. We are located in Boulder Colorado awarded "Top 10 Places to Live in the United States 2010"
FIRST RF EEO Policy
Come Join Our Team!!!!
FIRST RF Corporation Awarded 12 Phase I SBIR Contracts from the 13.1 Solicitation Round!
August 29th, 2013. FIRST RF Corporation announced today that it has been awarded twelve Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Phase I contracts from the DoD 13.1 competition. The Company earned ten Air Force and two Navy SBIR phase 1 projects: Read More
In the News
Febuary 15, 2011
Small Business Administration Recognizes FIRST RF as 2010 Tibbetts Award Winner.
The Tibbetts Awards, given by the U.S. Small Business Administration, honor outstanding small businesses and individuals who participate in the SBA’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program.